We started playing hide & seek with Nathan a couple of weeks ago, and now it's become an after-bath routine. Usually I'll hide first while Nathan and James will come and look for me. Nathan will look through my regular hiding spots (there really aren't that many considering my pregnant belly). He gets a little scared sometimes and James will need to prompt him to open the closet door or something. It probably doesn't help things that I intentionally try to scare him by jumping out with a "boo", but Nathan loves the thrill and will immediately ask for more by starting counting again. He can actually count to five by himself now (super fast too so I have barely enough time to hide). We're now working on counting to ten.
Sometimes we switch it up and Nathan will hide with daddy while I go look for them. I usually go around the house asking myself out loud, "Is Nathan in the bathroom? Is he in the closet?". The funniest thing is I'll usually here a faint reply from him from his hiding spot going "Nooooo....". So he hasn't quite gotten the idea of hide and seek yet, but he's loving the game, and so are we.
Artwork
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment