Tuesday, October 5, 2010

怀旧

Nathan is only 3 years old but can sometimes be reminiscent (like an old man). No kids like change, but N seems more stubborn than the average kid.

For example, over a year ago we painted the outside of our house. It used to be white and green, and now it's a rather neutral sand color (that I picked). Both Nathan and James didn't like the new color very much, and a year later, Nathan still complains about it! When we were driving last week, Nathan noticed another house that had the similar color scheme as we had before, and he ask me, "mommy, can we paint our house back to that color? white walls and green windows?"

Nathan is the same with people. He doesn't make friends easily but when he does he's quite loyal. After we got back from New Zealand N "graduated" to the next class and therefore got a couple of new teachers. He misses his old teachers a lot though and tries to spend time with them any chance he gets. One of his teachers Kylie is now in one of the baby rooms. Nathan and I now routinely visit her there during pickup time. He's also particular close to teacher Noemi, who now teachers in Fig (class that's 1 year above Nathan's). The other day he had this idea.
Nathan: "When I turn 4, I can go to Fig room?"
me: "Yup"
Nathan: "Then I can be with teacher Noemi again?"

No comments: