Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Morning meeting notes

Here's a snippet of one of the morning meeting notes from Nathan's class. Children often say the funniest things and I thought what Nathan said in this meeting was particularly hilarious. I had to share this with my officemates because I burst out laughing the first time I read it at work. (How do the teachers keep a straight face when writing this stuff down, I don't know.) Anyway, the premise of the meeting was one of the teachers, Amber, leaving Orchard to teach at a different Google center.

Clementine Journal
February 24, 2011

Like adults, children liked to be prepared for a transition. To begin helping them prepare, Amber shared the news of her new job with the children today at morning meeting...
Amber: So, friends, I have something important to tell you. Next month, in March, I will be going to a new school. And I won't be coming here every day anymore.
Nathan: I'm going to come visit.
Many children say they want to visit, too.
Nathan: You can come with me, the whole class, girls and boys can come with me. But I only have 3 car seats.




No comments: